The National Asian American Coalition is a fast-growing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with headquarters in Daly City, CA. We also have grassroots branches in San Diego, Hercules, Fresno and Las Vegas. The NAAC is a pan Asian American advocate for Asian American empowerment and focuses on the public interest, corporate responsibility, homeownership and small business development. For more information on NAAC, visit us online at www.naac.org. No phone calls please.
POSITION SUMMARY The Executive Assistant works closely with the CEO and the General Counsel on programs and advocacy initiatives and serves as a liaison with the diverse Pan Asian American, Black and Latino groups we serve, including the leadership for 5,000 African Methodist Episcopal churches.
Duties include: drafting advocacy letters, setting up meetings for the CEO and the General Counsel and often daily interaction with corporate executives, elected officials, community leaders and the media. Must also be able to handle duties of an administrative assistant.
STATUS Position available immediately. Full-time, Monday through Friday 9 am to 6 pm.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Although a minimum of three years general office experience preferred, will consider a paid internship that leads to a full-time program position.
- Ability to type 65+ WPM required (heavy dictation).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) knowledge and experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills in order to coordinate many functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and able to determine priorities and meet differing deadlines.
- Ability to respond resourcefully to new demands and challenges with limited resources.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively/strategically and “think outside the box”
- Must possess the ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Must have an understanding of serving culturally diverse populations; interest in public policy and advocacy is a PLUS but not required.
- Ability to type rapidly, advanced Microsoft Office.
The starting salary will depend on experience and ability and could lead to rapid promotions.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Cheri Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Cheri Tran at email@example.com (no phone calls please) as soon as possible. We accept applications on a rolling basis and expect to hire immediately. Due to the high volumes of applications, please do not call.