The National Asian American Coalition is a fast-growing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Daly City, CA with service branches in San Diego, Hercules, Fresno and Las Vegas. The NAAC is a pan Asian American advocacy organization with a focus on the public interest, corporate responsibility, homeownership, and small business and economic development. For more information on the NAAC, visit us online at www.naac.org. No phone calls please.
POSITION SUMMARY This is a hands-on marketing internship to provide much needed services to the immigrant and non-English speaking communities and other communities of color, including home preservation (foreclosure counseling), guidance and counseling for first-time homebuyers, free small business technical assistance, and financial education. All trainings will be in the Daly City office and interns will be placed according to need and proximity to locations (Union City, San Jose, Vallejo and Pittsburg). This is a great opportunity to learn about the banking, finance, and housing industries, as well as the nonprofit sector. We will provide training and workshops for all interns. Each intern is expected to work 10-12 hours per week (2 shifts/ week, one shift = 5-6 hours). You will manage our NAAC booths and market our resources to the community.
Duties include: Managing the NAAC service booth, marketing resources and services, providing preliminary counseling services, conducting community outreach, and attending all workshops and training
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and start/end dates of the internship are negotiable
- Current undergraduate or graduate students (particularly MBAs, finance or marketing students)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Self-starter and able to determine priorities and meet differing deadlines.
- Ability to respond resourcefully to new demands and challenges with limited resources.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively/strategically and “think outside the box”
- Must have an understanding of serving culturally diverse populations; interest in community development and economic development is a PLUS but not required.
- Bilingual applicants preferred but not required
This is an unpaid internship position; however, we will provide a small travel stipend and performance-based commission. We will also provide strong letters of recommendation upon completion of the internship and will work with your school for college credit if applicable.
How to apply
CONTACT Please e-mail resume to Darwin Pham firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Cover letters optional.